Our History

Earl McMilin.jpg

In 1972, Dr. Earl McMilin and a group of 14 others founded Christian Life Center of Merced and they began meeting at the Women's Clubhouse.  They had a dream of "a congregation where people could come from all walks of life, races and religious preferences to worship the Lord in an atmosphere of love, acceptance, and forgiveness". God blessed, and 14 grew to several hundred.  Within a few years, they were able to purchase property and build. The first sanctuary is what is now known as the "Corinthian Room".

Bill Stephens.jpg 

In 1981, Dr. Bill Stephens became Senior Pastor. Under his leadership, the church continued to grow and began to have phenomenal Christmas, Easter, and 4th of July pageants that literally brought the community in by the thousands. Under Dr. Bill's leadership the current worship facility was constructed in the early 1980's.


In 1996, Randy Bissell became Senior Pastor. Again they experienced a surge of growth. Under Pastor Bissell’s leadership the vision was cast for the additional building of facilities on the Bellevue property.


Pastor Kevin O'Connor came to the church in June 2003 from his home in Missouri.  In 2004, under Pastor Kevin's leadership, the Olive Campus received it's first major renovation since being constructed in the late 70's and early 80's.  In 2006 the new "Family Life Center" was opened paving the way for extended community outreach and greater fellowship within the body.

Church Campus

The Olive Campus was built during the late 70s and early 80s.  Although continously being updated, it received a major renovation in 2004.  The facility includes a 580 seat auditorium, 2 large meeting rooms, an educational wing, administrative offices and a 32 track recording studio.
Completed in 2006, the 14,000+ square foot "Family Life Center" includes a basketball court, volleyball court and stage complete with three video screens, high quality sound and fixed lighting.  The facility includes a commercial kitchen, a 2200 square foot youth hall and an 1100 square foot "bikers club house".